Answers to life's vexing cooking questions...

Ochef Archive

What is a dog-leg, dogleg, dog leg, offset, gooseneck spatula?

How Does Ochef
Make Money?

Click Here to Pay Learn More

Q. What is a "dog-leg" spatula? Do you have a picture of one and where can I find it?

A. A dog-leg spatula is not a rarity at all, simply another name for an offset spatula. It is also sometimes called a cake spatula or a gooseneck spatula among pastry chefs.

An offset spatula, with a bend in the blade, allows you to frost a cake and spread batter evenly in a baking pan without raking your knuckles across the surface you are trying so hard to smooth.

Submit your question to Ochef

Specialty Shops: