Answers to life's vexing cooking questions...

Ochef Archive

Where to Find a Flame Tamer

How Does Ochef
Make Money?

Click Here to Pay Learn More

Q. Where can I find a steel plate to put over a gas flame to distribute the heat more evenly? What is this called?

A. The ones we've seen are called Flame Tamers, and not only do they distribute the heat of a gas flame more evenly, they diffuse the heat as well, allowing you to melt chocolate, make Hollandaise, and perform other delicate cooking tasks with less danger of scorching.

One of our retail partners,, has Flame Tamers available for sale.

Submit your question to Ochef

Specialty Shops: