Comments: Why beat around the bush? Fabulous knife. Incredibly sharp; cuts through meat, vegetables, everything we tried, like butter.
Here's what Wüsthof says about its Classic Ikon line:
- Forged from one piece of specially tempered high-carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength
- Innovative handle design for comfort and control
- Perfectly balanced for effortless cutting
- Seamless hygienic fit of the handle
- Triple-riveted handle shells, full tang handle
- Black handles made of special synthetic material
- Specially designed bolster
- Exceptionally sharp
And about the Classic Ikon Santoku:
- Styled after the Japanese cook´s knife, this blade is just right for preparing not only fine Asian but also Western cuisine, with granton edge
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air that prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade
We couldn't agree more.